On a routine drive through Bristol I asked Jamie where the fire department was located and moments later I spotted three fire engines parked on the street. Hello. We immediately stopped and got out to see the engines up close. Asher nearly peed his pants he was so excited! Simply looking at the engines would have made for an exciting morning but the shrieks of joy from the boys inspired the local fire fighters to give the boys a tour of not only the fire engines but the entire fire station. Oh man--talk about bliss for Asher. Little man was so excited that he was speechless in the presence of his heroes. The fire fighters were impressively nice and thoughtful as they showed the boys endless exciting details about the trucks and equipment. Asher and Soren even got to sit on an old timey engine! The fire fighters even started one of the engines to show them how the lights flash! So exciting.
Before saying goodbye and giving the fire fighters a hearty thanks for their kindness one of the firefighters paused to tell me that he can tell when little kids get a lot of love and attention and that our kids were obviously well cared for and well behaved. Asher and Soren may have been thrilled by the shiny engines and towering fire fighters but I was uplifted by the kind words of that sweet fire fighter.
Have I mentioned that Asher and Soren are going to be firefighters for Halloween? Their costumes are awesome but I'm not sure they'll survive the two months before Halloween.




2 comments:
OMG! You can tell how excited Asher is, how sweet. They both look like they were in firehouse heaven!
Firefighter heaven! What a lovely adventure for the boys.
Post a Comment