Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ten Months

















Maeve will be 11 months soon and I haven't dedicated a post to her 10 month old cuteness yet! Last month I said nine-months was my favorite...well, 10 months is now my favorite but I suspect my allegiance will shift to whatever whatever is Maeve's current age.

Maeve at ten months has been in constant motion. She walks all the time and only crawls after she has fallen or tripped. That said, she's very stable and quick! Currently she has taken to running away if she thinks her toy will be confiscated. She also started playing a 'psych!' game with Jamie where she would walk towards him but just before reaching him she would turn around and run away laughing. She would then turn around and repeat this little game. She is the cutest.

Baby girls is quick to smile and laugh. She's affable, winsome, and delightful. She raises her hands in joy and still does her maestro trick of holding one hand up to signal her happiness. She plays hide and seek with any blanket or pillow she encounters. She claps on demand!

Maeve eats well and sleeps well, which are really, truly the two qualities that define a GOOD baby. She happily eats whatever quinoa, lentils, black beans, or veggies I give her. In fact, the other evening I was feeding her my favorite black bean, lentil, and sweet potato chili and she was LOVING it. She smiled after every bite! I looked at her chili smeared happy face and noticed her foot bouncing joyfully and I nearly choked with emotion. Tears welled in my eyes and I wanted to capture that simple, perfect moment to save for future days when she will refuse good foods, not enjoy my company or (gulp) actually annoy me. If I could somehow burn or tattoo that moment on my mind then I could gain peace and happiness from it when life feels suddenly out of control. I know those days will come but in the meantime, I am building my cache of glorious Maeve moments and it's easy because they are plentiful and my bounty grows rapidly.

Maeve will be one soon and I am pretty torn up about it. I actually feel on the verge of tears all the time. If I could suspend this time then I would because I love having baby Maeve and her four year old brothers. As hectic as home life can be with three little ones--it is still remarkably sweet and simple with no kids in school and no structured activities to disrupt our reverie.

Only one more month with my less than one-year old baby Maeve. She's so turbo that she'll probably start talking and requesting to be potty trained.

5 comments:

Ainsley said...

walking at ten months?? wow, she's pretty awesome.

Gma said...

OMG! I cannot wait to hold that beauty...it is so hard being so far away....won't be long! YAY!

Amberlyn said...

She is adorable!! And so turbo!

Denise said...

She's prefect at every age! You are so lucky to have Maeve in your family.

Gma said...

Love the new intro photo....that Maeve and the capture of the boys. Love sweatshirts! Who got them those! Hee! Less than a month! Yea!