Asher man in pants! I loved seeing the kids in pants and long sleeved shirts. Here Asher is standing in the empty space where our frumpy old couch used to live. He is holding up a plastic circle that he said was, "A photo of you when you were six and putting out a fire." Apparently I was a brave child!
My two pirates and little princess.
Water color fest! I think the fall weather inspired a darker color family for both boys. Soren's painting: "Demolition." Asher's painting: "Fire Explodes."
We were supposed to go apple picking this weekend but we ended up getting a new couch instead. I love it! No more frumpy, torn, natty leather couch that caused me to wince in shame anytime company sat on it. Ugh.
Scrapping a trip to the countryside was a bummer but we did go to Wegmans with Sarah and Jocelyn for breakfast on Friday. Since I am a crazy Wegmans lady I was thrilled to share my favorite store with them! We sat with our SIX kids and enjoyed the good food and perfect space for containing the antics of early walkers and hyper boys. I'll take that experience every Friday. TIA ladies!
Jamie had a YM's campout on Friday night so we had dinner with my other friend Sarah whose husband was also on a YM's campout. We experimented with pizza and made a carmelized onion and gorgonzola pizza that we topped with avocado and parsley when it came out of the oven. It was awesome! We also did one with just honeycrisp apple slices and sharp Vermont cheddar. It was also awesome. What a fun Friday!
Saturday morning I took the boys to River Farm for our neighbor Sabrina's second birthday party, which had a pirates and princess theme. It was so cute! The boys loved all of their pirate flair and Maeve was so cute in her crown, necklace, and holding her want. We really have the most creative and thoughtful neighbors who then have the cutest baby babes.
I had a great time with my little ones but still managed plenty of guilt inducing moments--not sure when that will ever end. Ultimately the weekend was joyful and the weather was crisp and I felt in my skin, the goodness of life.
(Funny thing. We had dinner with friends on Sunday night and learned that our friend went to school with a Soren who had a brother named Anson! Jamie and I were stunned! Before we settled on Asher we were going to name our twins Soren and Anson! Isn't that fun?!)




2 comments:
Yay for the Weg! I think we're on those terms now. I've noticed that the wrapper on my new cans of beans is very friendly - one more reason I'm a fan. But mostly I loved being somewhere that makes you so excited. Thanks for introducing us to a world that you love!
Seriously, I'm a Wegmans convert thanks to you Jess. Still dreaming of their bakery...
Post a Comment