Monday, September 26, 2011

Perfectly Cute








Daily I think I will die from the cuteness of Maeve. I know that's dramatic but seriously--she's so happy and funny and sweet. Her curls kills me and when she does that scrunched nose face I nearly pass out. She's so tiny and mobile and friendly and joyful. I can hardly find a single fault with her...it's just the I feel about babies and her in particular. I mean, it's hard not to love the person who thinks I am hilarious for saying, "mommy!' in an exaggerated voice. Also--when I lay her down for a nap or bed and she kicks one foot up and down I know that her happiness is equal to her cuteness and here it comes again--I find those moments to be perfect.

Anyways...lest you think I find Asher and Soren any less cute...let me tell you that I also find perfection in them. Lately I find myself putting my hand to my heart and nearly passing out because I am so overwhelmed by the adorable things they say to each other. I especially swoon when they snuggle together on the couch to 'read' a book. When they were younger it was enough to just turn pages together but now they narrate what they see and their stories are perfect little microcosms of their world. My favorite is when Soren assumes his 'rescue' voice and says things like, "Calling all units! There is a fire on main street!" I'm telling you, I die.

Life is flawed and often disappointing but also enormously satisfying and even, in those quiet moments when two little boys are telling a story together, perfect.





2 comments:

Amberlyn said...

The highs in life definitely wouldn't feel as sweet without the lows. Your boys are cute, especially on the awesome new couch of yours!!!

Denise said...

'Reading' time at our house usually ends with pages getting ripped or someone getting a book in the eye. Sweet mother of all paper cuts....