Monday, September 19, 2011

Final Celebrations


It's tradition that I hang balloons for their birthday. This year I stuck to just green.


Birthdays are nearly as exciting as Christmas!




Soren's monster truck cake.


Asher's ambulance cake.







You may suspect that we are still celebrating Asher and Soren's fourth birthday. Their birthday sign is still hanging and we do daily talk about being four but we are no longer eating cake and opening presents. Several birthday parties did confuse Asher and Soren--they thought the party in Bristol meant that they were already four years old but they certainly didn't complain about having cake twice.

They were thrilled to open birthday cards and presenta. My parents gave them four dollars each and when Soren found the money in his birthday card he exclaimed loudly, "I LOVE four dollars!" It was awesome. It just occurred to me that Maeve didn't give them a birthday gift, which probably would have endeared her more to them but it's cool, next year.

Four-year olds are fun and super smart and worth all the celebrations!

(Also--last year Max pulled down their balloons and he did it again this year! I hope he leaves them alone next year!)

2 comments:

S.A.S. said...

An ambulance cake? I love! The things that make them happy are adorable, and so simple. Balloons, four dollars, some kind of vehicle... such a sweet life. Happy 4th Asher & Soren!

Ainsley said...

hahaha, "i love four dollars". that IS awesome.